Tuesday, September 11

An Update



We're getting our home back to normal after a crazy weekend. On Tuesday night Adrianna woke up screaming in the middle of the night, so we both went in, held her in the dark, and she calmed down right away and happily went right back down to sleep. Only in the morning when we got her out of bed did we realize that she had thrown-up in the night, and we had laid her back down in it! i still have this horrible picture of our little girl sweetly lying back down in her crib as we walk out of the room, probably wondering why on earth we would do that to her! Horrible parents!!!!!! Anyways, she was great by the next day. Then I got the stomach flu on Friday morning, so my sweet husband stayed home with me and played Mr. Mom. I could hardly get out of bed to walk to the bathroom, let alone run after my fast little girl. So having him there was SUCH a huge help. He did my grocery shopping, kept my supplied with popsicles and 7-Up (must-haves when I'm sick), sprayed everything in the house (including me at times) with Lysol, and even scrubbed the floors. What a man! We're all back to normal now and ready for a full week!

Here are some pictures of Adrianna helping Nate with the yard work!!

8 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Well, we all have those "great" mom moments - but if we didn't, what would our kids have to make fun of us for when they're all grown up, right? Glad you guys are feeling better, and I'm sure Adrianna has forgiven you already ;o)

Karis said...

I know how you felt! One night, Kayla cried out about half an hour after I had put her to bed, and I didn't go in to check on her. After less than 2 minutes, it was quiet again so I figured she had just lost her paci under a blanket or something and then found it and settled herself back in. About four hours later, I went to bed (we were at someone's house so she was sleeping in a pack n play in our room), and I thought I smelled a dirty diaper. I picked her up out of bed and sure enough... as I started to change her, though, in the dark, I realized I was going to need more light than just the night light because it was diarrhea. Upon turning on the light, I noticed her hair all dried and matted to her head, and it smelled really badly. I looked in her pack n play and sure enough, she had thrown up all over (I'm assuming when she cried out four hours earlier) but had gone back to sleep in it. I felt like such a bad mom!

Andy and Davina said...

The pics are adorable! Hope you are feeling better.

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

I am so glad you are doing better. It is so hard being sick when you are a mom. I had the flu a little while back and Craig was working the night shift and it was very hard.

Andy and Davina said...

Nate~
Just like a good Baptist pastor doing yard work in long pants and a collared shirt! Where is the tie? Tis a slippery slope....
Andy

Kevin and Christy said...

Hope you're feeling better. Don't worry! Adrianna won't think a thing of it! :) Tell Nate good job on taking care of you both!

JordanandSue said...

Those pictures are so cute! She looks like she's grown :)
Sue

dwilson said...

hey kris, I hope you are feeling better now. I was wondering what your new phone number was. I tried to call Nate and some friendly, giggly voice came on the voice mail, and i figured Nate got a new number. Have Nate give me a call (734.395.1709)or e-mail me (apwda2002@yahoo.com), when he gets a chance. David Wilson