Monday, May 11

Mother's Day

My sweet husband and girls gave me a great Mother's Day weekend. Nate took me out to Red Lobster on a date Saturday night - he even got me their Dream Chocolate Cake for dessert (way better than all the seafood!). On Sunday morning Adrianna ran into the kitchen yelling, "Happy Anniversary . . . happy Valentine's . . . mother's day!" And they surprised me with a full length mirror for my bedroom which I have been wanting for a few months now (I get quite a complex going out not having seen any part of my outfit below the neck!). I am thankful beyond words for my full-time job as a mommy. My two girls each bring me such joy and delight. Adrianna constantly entertains me, challenges me to be on my toes, makes me laugh and reminds me what it was like to be a little girl. She came to me a few times in the past week and asked for my forgiveness for something she had done, unprompted by anyone. I am thankful for her sensitive heart. And Natalie melts my heart each time I see her dimpled smile. She's my little peanut - I don't think I ever want her to get bigger. :) Most of all I thank God for a sweet, understanding husband who works hard so I can be home with our girls. God is good!







4 comments:

JordanandSue said...

Boy, it does sound like you had a good weekend! I've never had their chocolate cake, but I hear it's amazing. I just love the picture of you and Adrianna - matching :) So sweet! Isn't being a SAHM the best gig EVER??? :)

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. your girls are adorable, and I know you are a wonderful mommy!

cranny + b said...

Happy Mother's day Kris, a little on the late side:) I love AJ's greeting to you on M's day. . .too cute!!

Karis said...

I know exactly what you mean about being a SAHM! The pictures of you and your girls are adorable. You look great, and they are so cute!