Monday, December 17

Adrianna's Emergency

This afternoon:

It's Adrianna's naptime and after 20 minutes of silence I hear her screaming bloody murder. So I race down the hallway, my heart pounding, not knowing what limb she has stuck in the crib or if there will be blood. I open the door only to see Adrianna standing in her crib, holding out the sweater vest she had been wearing.

Me: "Adrianna, did you take your vest off?"
AJ: "Yeah." (sob, sob)
Me: "Do you want Mommy to put it back on for you?"
AJ: "Yeah." (hiccup, hiccup)
I put on the vest.
Me: "Is that all better?"
AJ: "Gake Goo."

Naptime continues. :-)

6 comments:

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hahaha! Aren't you glad that naptime continued?! What a funny story!

JordanandSue said...

Ha! What a little stinker- aren't you glad she is so concerned about her outfit?

MattDJ said...

Hilarious!!! Found your blog through S&S. Glad we can follow your adventures now!!! :-)

Doesn't love a wall said...

That is hilarious!!! Sounds like a girl after my own heart.

Glad she was ok!!

Michael, Nina, Emma, Elliot & Ethan said...

awww...what a scare, but what a funny memory! btw, Emma had her first bloody booboo last week. she fell at church and cut her gum and got a nosebleed. There was a lot of blood, and I couldn't tell where it was coming from and all Emma wanted to do was cry into my white shirt (no longer possess).
She was ok after a bit, but man, I just don't think I'm cut out for that part of motherhood!

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Whew!!! Huh? What a little girl:)