Thursday, April 16

A few funnies . . .

*With Easter coming up, I tried to explain to Adrianna about what Christ did for us in very simple terms. All week I'd tell her that on Sunday morning we'd say, "He is risen!" On Saturday night she was getting into bed and I said again, "Adrianna, what do we say tomorrow morning?" She yelled loudly, "He is ruined!"

*We were reading the story of the crucifixion out of AJ's little Bible. She pointed to the picture of Jesus and said, "Mom, why isn't he wearing a shirt?" I told her how men were hurting him very badly. She responded with, "That Jesus is just SO funny sometimes!" (What on earth??)

*The other day before lunch, Adrianna was having an emotional meltdown for some unknown reason. I finally put her in her booster seat for lunch, and she calmly said, "I'm really sorry, Mom. It's just been a really long day."

9 comments:

Michael, Nina, Emma, Elliot & Ethan said...

hehe! what a hoot she is!
We've had the same type of responses from Emma- and with Easter- well this is the conversation I had with her:

me: Do you know what Jesus did for you on the cross, Emma?

Emma: "He DIIIIEEED!"

me: Why did he die?

Emma: (i could tell she was thinking really hard) and then she said:) "He didn't obey his mommy to stay out of the road"

Apparently going out into the street is the only thing she associates with death!

Oh the laughs.

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Those are hilarious! I bet she just keeps you laughing.

JordanandSue said...

I love those. She is such a pill! I can't wait for her to read these someday when she's older. I can't wait to see her this summer!!!

Anneke said...

Izaak and I both got a good laugh out of these. :) And I feel the smae way about the pics...it was hard enough getting just one kid to look at the camera and smile... :)

Ben and Carissa said...

The great thing about kids is you always have a funny story! You couldn't make that stuff up if you tried!! Too funny!

Becky Gravley said...

we are laughing OUT LOUD!!!! HILARIOUS!! i LOVED the Jesus so funny one the best. please keep writing these!

Anonymous said...

What a riot!

Chad and Melanie said...

She is hilarious, Kris. Sounds like your family is so much fun! Your girls are ADORABLE!!!

janethelland said...

I love these pictures of the girls. They're some of my favorites. Miss you all.