Saturday, July 11

Adrianna's 3rd Birthday!

Tomorrow morning Adrianna turns three years old! Where did the time go?? I know every parent says that, but I never thought it would happen to me. This birthday is definitely more sentimental for me as opposed to last year. Last year she still seemed "baby-ish" to me. But now my baby is gone, and a little girl stands in her place. Here are just some of a million reasons I love her:

*She gets giddy with excitement at the smallest things, like seeing a ladybug or eating her vitamins.
*She sits on her bed for hours at night and reads her library books; we listen to her loudly playing the parts in each story. :)
*She loves to get her special blanket and cuddle with me on the couch or bed; she says, "Let's talk, Mom."
*She loves the familiar, just like me.
*When she sings, it always makes me smile.
*Almost every night at dinner, she says, "So how was your day, Dad??"
*When she wakes up in the morning, she decides which character she wants to be for the day. Today she was FrankenCelery all day (a little Veggie Tales for you fans). :)
*She sits and lets me read to her each morning for a half hour - I love those moments.
*When I look into her eyes, I see my own eyes - it's kind of a weird feeling.
*Nobody in the world makes Nate and I laugh as hard as she does.
*When she grows up, she wants to be a "mommy" so she can wash the dishes too. :) I'm flattered.
*Watching her interact with her Daddy makes me fall in love with him even more.
*She is my constant reminder that life goes so fast - I can't waste it.
*Her smile lights up a room and causes me to thank God for letting me be her mommy.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Adrianna! I love you!!!!




9 comments:

kellyH said...

she sure sounds like a sweet, sweet girl! you must be an awesome mommy :)

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Happy birthday. 3 years ago tomorrow, my how the time flys.

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That is precious! She is so cute! Happy Birthday Adrianna!

JordanandSue said...

I love her! I will never forget walking into your hospital room and seeing that tiny baby sucking on her bottom lip- she is still precious! AND she makes me laugh SO much!

jeileenbaylor said...

That was so precious! I'm not going to lie- I cried a bit there at the end. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy those little moments!

shanna said...

I agree with Julie - totally have tears in my eyes. This was very sweet, Kris.

Doesn't love a wall said...

i am with you. I dread Madda's next birthday....she's more fun now than ever. She is also in a phase where she sits and reads to herself at night. Except she sits *and sleeps) by her door right now. sigh. We watch her on our video monitor - it's better than tv!!

Ben and Carissa said...

How sweet that was! Happy birthday Adrianna!

janethelland said...

I loved reading this. She is truly a sweet angel.! I'm glad you are understanding how I felt about each of you 3 - yes even Philip! (-: Truly you are all blessings from God.

Can't wait to see her and sweet little Natalie and give them lots of hugs and kisses.

Love you

Mom