Monday, October 19

The Flower Girl

My brother, Phil, got married this last weekend. He married a WONDERFUL girl, Alissa, and I'm so thrilled to have her in the family. For the last 4 months, I've been preparing Adrianna to be a flower girl - we even practiced in the basement with rose petals. The rehearsal went pretty well, although Adrianna would throw all the petals in the first throw, run out of petals, and leave her basket halfway down the aisle and keep walking. By the time of the wedding, I was pretty nervous. I prayed often and fervently as I waited in the front row for her to walk down the aisle!!! To my surprise, she was perfect!! It was quite a hoot to watch her walk down slowly, smiling at the audience as she went. I know we're not supposed to brag, but I was pretty proud of her. :) It was a special weekend, and we all enjoyed it.









Thought I'd include a video of the Adrianna busting a move during the reception. :)

8 comments:

shanna said...

LOL. Love the part where it pans to your face. Your daughter is too adorable, Kris.

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Very cute!

Anneke said...

That's awesome. She's so funny! I'm glad her experience as a flower girl was a good one. :) She's so cute!!!

Kelli said...

And you should brag on her! She looks so pretty and glad she did well!!

JordanandSue said...

I thought she was the prettiest flower girl I'd ever seen :) And that video is STILL making me laugh :) What a dolly!

Ben and Carissa said...

I love this! She was a beauty...and she can dance! A keeper!

Doesn't love a wall said...

Awwww Congrats Philip! He's sure grown up a lot since my class. snifff

LOVE the band! wow they were good!

I'll bet your heart just hurt so much she was so cute.

juliechall said...

So cute, Kris! I remember being a flower girl - I loved getting to dress up - I'm so glad she got to do it!