Tuesday, August 14

Nate's Birthday Bash








































































Last night I took Nate out to celebrate his birthday (2 days early). We went to a fancy restaurant on the beach and had steak. Then we walked the beach for quite awhile and watched the sunset. And no, this last picture is not of a forest fire. It's the Musical Fountain (don't laugh). Yes, this massive fountain is all lit up and puts on a show with music for about 20 minutes. We sat in a grand stand and watched it over the water - apparently it's a pretty big thing in our town. I have to admit that we had a few good laughs about watching a fountain sing.

Happy birthday, a day early, Nate. I thought you were Prince Charming the first day I met you, and that hasn't changed one bit in the nearly four years we've been married. You're my constant cheerleader and friend, and I'm honored to spend my life with you!! I love you!

9 comments:

Tricia said...

You guys are so cute together. I'd love to hear the story sometime of how you guys met and all the good details! =)

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Happy Birthday Nate!! It looks like you had a great birthday celebration already. I think that is great that you got to listen to the singing!! Sounds like fun!! I am so happy for both of you. You are very cute together!!

JordanandSue said...

Aren't you so glad you live near some water?? :) Those are great pictures. Happy birthday, Nate! Sue

Doesn't love a wall said...

Great pics!! How fun for you guys!!

*Is Philip going by Phil now?? It's funny you should mention it, because as I talked to him he seemed so mature and I thought "What happened to this little high school kid I used to have goofing off in the back of my classroom?" I never really thought he liked me much so - I'll admit it's nice to hear,

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Kris,
The pictures of your blog are such a reminder of HOME! I love it! I'm sorry I always have to comment on the fact that I did this or that, but I'm glad you are getting a chance to enjoy the state that Don and I absolutely LOVE!

Yes, I have seen the musical fountains many times. The fireworks at fourth of July (I think) goes with the fountain as well! High tech, huh?! That was always my dream, that when I began to date, I would like to go down to the boardwalk in Grand Haven with my sweetie and hold hands as we walk down the pier. It came true! Don took me on our one-year-until-we-get-married anniversary! It was great . . . and of course we wouldn't have missed the fountains! Glad I got that off my chest! =)

Great story and pics! I'm glad you are finding the many forms of entertainment! =)

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Oh, I almost forgot . . . Happy Birthday Nate!!

cranny + b said...

happy cake & candle day, Nate!!

Karis said...

Happy Birthday, Nate! Glad you guys could celebrate with a just the two of you date (at least I don't see Adriana in the pictures).

Doesn't love a wall said...

It looks clean, my dear, because you can't see the corners. ;)
I was probably a messy roommate. ;) My problem - honestly, is clutter!! My husband is Mr. Neat Freak - so he's always doing dishes or Pledging the wood. lol. The nice thing is we only really "use" 1/2 of the house - so the rest just sits.

Super Walmart - you are SO unfunny.