Thursday, July 12

1st Birthday








Today is Adrianna's 1st birthday! Our day began normally; we took a walk, played, read books, etc . . . Then our day went not so normally: by noon Adrianna was screaming like she was in pain, so we got a doctor's appointment for 3:30. The doctor assured us she didn't have an ear infection (which I wondered about), but he is testing her for a urinary tract infection (I don't think it's that). I think she just doesn't feel good from her rotten cold. And I wondered if my worries were for no reason - I guess the doctor proved that. But it made me feel a little better to know there wasn't anything obviously wrong. As the slideshow proves, Adrianna loved the cake - Nate and I got a kick out of watching her shove it down her throat. And opening presents was fun, although she'd have a little weeping session here and there for no reason. She got so many fun toys to play with (I get even more excited about them than she does), and money from the relatives. And of course the most stylish outfits from Auntie Sue. Adrianna was able to play with a few of her toys before bed. Whew!!! The first birthday's over, and it came and went so fast. I can't believe how fast time flies, and I've loved each moment with her. Nate and I feel so blessed to have such a "good and perfect gift from God." Happy Birthday, Adrianna Joy! We love you!

12 comments:

Michael, Nina, Emma, Elliot & Ethan said...

Yeah!!! Happy Birthday Adrianna from all of us! I can't believe a year has gone past already. Soon it will be Enmma's turn. The pictures you posted were so cute. Was that the first time Adrianna had cake?!
Hope that you are recovering from her being sick. Emma had a cold a few weeks ago and gave it to me, too. OH. the blessings of motherhood!

Robbie G. said...

Happy Birthday! I cannot believe that a year has gone by. Crazy. Hope you are enjoying life in Michigan. By the way, my phone number will be changing in the next week or two. Give me a call with your new number sometime.

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Awwwwwwwe what cute pictures. I am so happy that she is ok and nothing was seriously wrong. It is so hard when they cry and they can't tell you what hurts. Happy Happy Birthday little dear, Shelley and Preston

S said...

Happy Birthday to Adrianna! It looks like she made out well with all the fun toys and clothes! I hope she gets to feeling better soon. We were in the doctor's yesterday for 3 hours with them checking her for a UTI also (she's had the same fever since Tuesday). They also did a catheter and that was traumatic of course, but we found out she does have an infection and now have antibiotics. I hate when our little ones get sick!

Dawn said...

Happy Bithday Adrianna!!!
It looks like she enjoyed her toys even when she was feeling blue! What toy has she enjoyed most? I am trying to decided what to get for Noah!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Happy Birthday Adrianna!!! Those were very cute pictures, and she seemed to love the cake. I remember Kayla's first birthday and she loved the cake so much, but got it all over her. It looks like Adrianna was a little bit cleaner!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Happy Birthday Adrianna! Wow, even I can't believe she is already a year old. Must be a sad, yet happy moment in your motherhood experience.

By the way, I spoke to Karen, she knew you were in the area and needed to get the info. from Josh's cousins. You are at the home church of Bonnie George! I didn't connect that! So cool! I used to go on extension with Bonnie and ride home for holidays with Bonnie and even went to Bonnie's wedding at your church. Sorry, just me tying up the loose ends of my understanding of where you are and the fact that I know by experienc where you are!

JordanandSue said...

I love those cake pictures! I can see she's going to be a sugar addict. Welcome to the family, right?

Anonymous said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Adrianna! That's what I like! A girl who likes her cake! lol:) Love you guys!

Anneke said...

Glad you had a fun day, AJ. Feel better soon! :)

shanna said...

I liked what you wrote at the end about AJ being a good and perfect gift, Kris. You're such a sweetheart.

Happy birthday to Adrianna! :)

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

she's precious. You seem so happy :)

--rachel beaton (from NBBC)