Friday, July 13

It's only a bean plant.

Tonight we had a teen cookout at our house, our first in our new place. We expected a few teens to show up and hang out. Nate really used this as an encouragement for the teens to bring a visitor. That usually means one or two will show up. We had 31 teens show up and 11 of them were unsaved visitors - incredible! Nate and I were shocked and thrilled. He was able to explain salvation in very simple terms and they were all ears. I was so thrilled for how God brought them all here, and at the same time I was frustrated as the teens were tracking in grass, messing up the yard, stinking up the bathroom, and throwing the football in the garden. Afterwards I told Nate my frustrations when I saw the football demolish one of my bean plants. He lovingly reminded me that in light of the gospel being heard for the first time by many of these teens tonight, "It's only a bean plant, Babe." How true.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kris, that is so awesome that your house was invaded by such a great group and so many to hear the gospel:) Sorry to hear about the mess they made and the bean plant, but in light of eternity (like your hubby said), It's just a bean plant:) At least it's replaceable and not something sentimental that was broke;) Keep up the awesome work!! Miss you:)

cranny + b said...

I can so hear Nate say that, Kris!! (I think I would have been having a hard time--especially with the grass being tracked into the house;) That is so wonderful to hear that you had 31 teens!! What an encouragement;)

Chad said...

Great to hear all is going well. Remember, plants and carpet are replaceable, but lost soul are eternal. I'm sure Nate already emphasized this.

AnneB said...

I have to let you know that I picked my first pepper from my garden yesterday and thought of you! I was making a pasta salad and was so excited to be able to use my very own squash, pepper, and tomatoes! I cooked some of the squash and pureed it for Titus...but he was not thrilled with it at all. I explained to him through his tears, that he would just have to start liking squash because mommy had a garden full of it! Hopefully, his taste buds will adjust...but in the meantime I will just have to enjoy the fruits of my labors:)