Tuesday, July 17

One man's junk is another man's treasure . . .



Last night Nate and I were driving home from a nice date, and I happened to spot a coffee table by someone's trash alongside the road. My sweet husband turned the car around, let me out to look at it and put it in the trunk. It was so gross looking. Someone had put glue all over the top, and I wasn't sure we could salvage it. But I had high hopes. Nate showed me how to use a power sander (yes, me using a sander - amazing). So during AJ's naps today I scraped it, sanded it and painted it. Tadaaa!!!! We have a new coffee table for our basement/soon-to-be family room (when we get the time and money).

8 comments:

JordanandSue said...

Good find! I'll trade ya'!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That is awesome!! You've got to love getting treasure that works for your house for free!! You did a great job fixing that up!!

Anneke said...

Yay! I love it black!

Dawn said...

What a handy person you are! The table looks great!
Nate's mom is coming for Noah's b-day and I think that we will celebrate just the four of us! Is AJ sitting forward in her carseat? I can't wait for Noah to turn around!! Noah loves whole milk; how much do you let AJ drink?

Unknown said...

Love what you've done with the table!! Good work:)

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Great work. You'll have to go into business.

cranny + b said...

I AM SO PROUD!;)

Doesn't love a wall said...

Look at you girl!!! I can't believe it!! Look at you - practically dumpster diving!! ;)

It looks awesome!